Wild Women Expeditions (WWE) Booking Terms & Conditions
These are the Terms and Conditions that will apply to your booking. Please read them carefully as you will be bound by them.
These Terms shall constitute the entire agreement between the Wild Women Expeditions (also referred to as WWE) and the Client relating to the subject matter herein, and shall constitute a binding agreement. There is no verbal or written; representation, warranty, prior agreement, or description of services, other than as expressed herein.
The contract and booking is made with, and services will be provided by, Wild Women Expeditions. By booking a trip, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions that govern the relationship, the cancellation policy and limitations of liability. These Terms and Conditions affect your rights and designate the governing law and forum for the resolution of any and all disputes.
BOOKING TRIPS & THE CONTRACT
All persons wishing to make a booking have carefully read and understand the Terms and Conditions that follow. By making a booking with Wild Women Expeditions, you accept on behalf of yourself and all those named on the booking, including minor(s) and/or person(s) under a disability to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. A booking is accepted and becomes definite only from the date when Wild Women Expeditions sends a confirmation invoice or email. It is at this point that a contract between Wild Women Expeditions and the Client comes into existence. Before your booking is confirmed and a contract comes into force, Wild Women Expeditions reserves the right to increase or decrease trip prices. Wild Women Expeditions reserves the right to decline any booking at their discretion. The person or persons named on the booking are hereafter referred to as the “Client”. All bookings are made with Wild Women Expeditions, which sells the tours described in this website and/or through its “Agents” who sell Wild Women Expeditions trips through an agreement with Wild Women Expeditions.
**Please note that Wild Women Expeditions only offers tours and related activities to women over 18 years of age, unless accompanied by an adult. For minors accompanied by adults, the minimum age accepted is 16 years of age, unless explicitly stipulated on the trip page (ie. trips designed for women and girls).
WWE’s Adventure Specialist will contact you within 48 hours, regarding your completed registration to confirm your participation in your selected trip. Confirmation of your participation does not necessarily mean that your trip is confirmed to run. WWE encourages you to refrain from purchasing non-refundable travel until you receive the Trip Information Package or email confirmation from WWE staff.
- All trip bookings require deposits;
- For all advertised itineraries and dates, a non-refundable deposit per person plus submission of our online registration form is required to complete your booking. See Risk Free Guarantee below.
- Deposits made on all Inca Trail Treks are non-refundable and non-creditable after Oct 1 the year before the trip due to the requirement to purchase non-refundable and non-transferable Inca Trail Permits on your behalf to secure your spot on the trip.
- Deposits become credits if you cancel your spot (except on Peru – see above) after 7 days from the booking date until 91 days before the trip. See below for credit details.
- Deposits made within 90 days of the trip departure date are non-refundable, not subject to the Risk Free Guarantee nor can they become credit.
- Deposits for trips with unconfirmed dates or itineraries are 100% refundable until WWE confirms all the trip details. Once the details are confirmed, the Risk Free Guarantee will take effect.
- Deposits are payable online on the trip page or by calling 1-888-WWE-1222 (within North America) to pay by credit card or to arrange payment by cheque or email money transfer.
- We accept VISA and Mastercard only.
- International trip prices are quoted and payable in USD.
- Canadian trip prices are quoted and payable in CAD and are subject to applicable taxes.
- Exchange rate of the day will be applied on the day the payment or credit is converted as per www.xe.com/
- WWE is not responsible for any fees incurred due to currency exchange or fees charged by your credit card/bank for processing funds in either currency.
RISK FREE GUARANTEE
- Each trip page advertises our “Risk Free Guarantee” which means your deposit is fully refundable for the 7 days immediately following your deposit payment. As of the 8th day post deposit payment, your deposit is no longer refundable but can become credit. See below for credit details.
- The “Risk Free Guarantee” does not apply to deposits paid within 90 days of the trip departure date.
MEDICAL CONDITIONS & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
The Client must notify WWE in writing during the process of booking (on your registration form) of any medical conditions, pregnancy, disability or any other mental and or physical condition which may affect fitness to travel and/or any medical condition. Failure to notify WWE may result in the Client being refused travel. Failure to notify WWE of any such condition that results in cancellation will have full cancellation fees to the Client. Some trips may be unsuitable for Clients due to age, mobility, disability, pregnancy or physical or mental conditions. It is the Client’s responsibility to check prior to booking. WWE may refuse to carry pregnant women over 24 weeks or Clients with certain conditions. WWE is not required to provide any special facilities unless it has agreed to do so in writing. WWE will do its best to meet Clients special requests including dietary, but such requests do not form part of the Contract and therefore WWE is not liable for not providing these requests. Medical facilities vary from country to country and WWE makes no representations and gives no warranties in relation to the standard of such treatment.
ACCEPTANCE OF BOOKING & FINAL PAYMENTS
Acceptance of Booking
WWE will confirm acceptance of the Client’s booking in writing, via email. Please ensure email@example.com is on your contact list so our emails don’t go to your junk folder!
- For all regularly scheduled WWE trips, the payment of the final balance of the tour price is due at 90 days prior to the trip start date in the currency advertised.
- The final balance payment will be charged directly to the credit card we have on file at 90 days before your trip departure date.
- If a booking is made within 90-61 days of departure, then the final balance is payable within 7 days of the deposit payment date.
- If a booking is made within 60 days of the trip departure, the final balance is payable within 48 hours of the deposit payment date.
- If the final balance is not received by the due date, then rates and tour space cannot be guaranteed. If the final balance is not paid by 30 days before departure, WWE reserves the right to treat the Client’s booking as cancelled.
CANCELLATION OF A TOUR BY THE CLIENT
Any cancellation by a Client must be made in writing (via email) and be acknowledged by WWE in writing (via email).
- If you cancel within the Risk Free Guarantee timeframe (see above for details), your deposit will be fully refunded.
- If you cancel after 7 days from the deposit payment date until 91 days before the trip, your deposit becomes a credit. See below for credit details.
- If you cancel within 90-61 days prior to the trip start date, we will refund you 50% of the final balance. No refund or credit available for the other 50% or for the deposit.
- If you cancel within 60 days of the trip, you forfeit both the final balance and deposit. No refund or credit available.
- Credits are valid for the year of the original trip and the next calendar year.
- All credits expire Dec 31 in the year following the originally booked trip date . Example: You book a trip on April 1, 2018 that’s happening in September 2018 but then have to cancel a month after the booking is made. Your credit expires Dec 31, 2019.
- Credit cannot be transferred to another women. **You may find another woman to take your spot. She pays you directly for the deposit and assumes responsibility for any outstanding balance payments. The replacement participant must meet trip Registration requirements and be approved to join the trip by the Adventure Specialist.
- Credits cannot be used as deposits when booking a new trip. You must pay a new deposit to book a spot on your next trip. Credit will be applied towards the final balance at 90 days.
- Credit must be applied towards a final balance of a trip before the expiration date. Example: Your credit expires Dec 31, 2017 and you’re booked for a 2018 trip. Your Adventure Specialist will create your final balance invoice, noting the use of your 2017 credit and email it to you. This amount will then be charged 90 days before the departure of your 2018 trip. Should you cancel your 2018 trip, in 2018, the 2017 credit is no longer valid as it has expired.
CANCELLATION OF A TOUR BY WILD WOMEN EXPEDITIONS
WWE reserves the right to cancel any trip for any reason, but will not cancel a tour less than 90 days before departure except for Force Majeure, unusual or unforeseen circumstances outside the WWE’s control. When a tour is canceled by WWE before the agreed date of departure for any reason other than the fault of the Client, the Client can either:
- Take a substitute tour of equivalent or superior quality if WWE is able and willing to offer such a substitute and pay any difference in price between the price of the tour originally purchased and that of the superior substitute tour; or
- Take a substitute tour of lower quality if WWE is able and willing to offer one and to recover from WWE the difference in price between the price of the tour originally purchased and that of the substitute tour; or
- Have a full refund of all monies paid under the contract as soon as possible.
WWE is not responsible for any incidental expenses or consequential losses that the Client may have incurred as a result of the booking such as visas, vaccinations, non-refundable flights or rail, non-refundable car parking or other fees, loss of earnings, or loss of enjoyment, etc. If the Client is offered a refund but requests an alternative tour of a higher value than that originally booked, then the Client must pay the difference in price. Where after departure a significant element of the trip contracted for cannot be provided, WWE will make suitable alternative arrangements for the continuation of the trip. If it is not possible to provide a suitable alternative or the Client reasonably rejects any suitable alternatives, WWE will provide the Client a refund of unused tour portions. Where a significant alteration or cancellation occurs which is not due to Force Majeure or other circumstances beyond the WWE’s control, WWE will in some circumstances offer compensation. Significant alterations do not include the substitution of a vessel, modification of itineraries, change in cabin category or hotel accommodation.
- All WWE trips do not include national or international airfare. We recommend you contact Megan Vonhone (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance with these arrangements.
- WWE strongly recommends you wait until the trip is confirmed to run before booking airfare or making any non-refundable travel arrangements.
TRAVEL & HEALTH INSURANCE
It is mandatory that all Clients obtain travel medical insurance with a minimum medical coverage of CAN$200,000 while traveling with WWE. This insurance must cover personal injury and emergency medical expenses including, but not limited to, helicopter evacuation, air ambulance and repatriation. Clients must provide proof of Insurance on their Travel Details Form during the trip preparation process or they will be declined participation on their adventure.
It is strongly recommended the coverage be extended to include cancellation, curtailment, and all other expenses that might arise as a result of loss, damage, injury, delay or inconvenience occurring to the Client during travel. WWE shall have no liability for loss, theft of or damage to baggage or personal effects. Personal belongings lost or stolen while unattended by the client in public lounges or other public areas, whether on board a vessel, train, bus, or other mode of transportation, publicly owned or operated by WWE or elsewhere, are not reimbursable. Losses due to ordinary wear and tear, and other acts of God are not reimbursable. WWE cannot accept responsibility for and in no event shall be liable for loss or damage of valuables or other articles left in or on facilities used by WWE such as hotels, homestays, vessels, expedition vehicles, or any other mode of transportation.
The Client acknowledges that the cost of WWE trips do not include insurance and that the Client is required to obtain separate coverage at an additional cost. When obtaining travel insurance the Client must ensure the insurer is aware of the type of travel to be undertaken.
EVACUATION PROCEDURES AND COSTS
Wild Women Expedition’s Trip Leader, local guides or other representatives decisions will at all times be final on all matters likely to affect the safety and well-being of the trip. We reserve the right to prohibit any traveler from continuing on a trip with no right of refund if, in our opinion, that traveler’s actions pose a threat to the safety of others, to the wildlife, themselves, or if the traveler’s actions and/or behaviors are harming the enjoyment of the trip for others.
Evacuations costs are to be covered by the person being evacuated.
- Valid Passport: The Client must be in possession of a valid passport required for entry, departure and travel to the tour destination, (passport must be valid 6 months past the return date), all visas, permits and certificates including vaccination certificates, insurance policies,etc. are required for the whole of the journey. The Client accepts full responsibility for obtaining all such documents, visas and permits prior to the start of the tour, and is solely responsible for any adverse consequences resulting from missing or defective documentation. Any information or advice given by WWE regarding visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment, etc. is purely advisory, provided as a courtesy to the Client, and WWE is not responsible for any errors or omissions as to the information provided by third parties such as the appropriate governmental authorities.
- Trip Details: To expedite the obtaining of travel documents and flight bookings please note that all international trip-related documents such as Trip Information Packages will be sent via email once the trip is confirmed to run. WWE will aim to confirm trips within a reasonable timeframe.
CLAIMS AND COMPLAINTS
If a Client has a complaint against WWE, the Client must first inform the trip leader or guide at the earliest opportunity to allow the grievance to be rectified. If satisfaction is not reached, contact the WWE Director whilst on tour in order that WWE is provided the opportunity to rectify the matter. Failure to indicate dissatisfaction whilst on tour will result in the Client’s ability to claim compensation from WWE being extinguished or at least reduced. If satisfaction is still not reached through these means on trip then any further complaint must be put in writing to WWE within 30 days of the end of the trip.
The Client acknowledges he or she will be visiting places where the political, cultural and geographical attributes present certain risks, dangers and physical challenges greater than those present in her daily life. By booking travel with WWE, the Client acknowledges she has considered the potential risks, dangers and challenges, and expressly assumes the risks attendant to such travel conditions. The Client is solely responsible for acquainting themselves with customs, weather conditions, physical challenges, and laws in effect at each stop along the itinerary, and is encouraged to locate or make contact prior to embarkation with her local embassy or consulate at the trip destination.
SUPPLIERS AND INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS
Hotels, shuttle services, excursions or other elements of a Wild Women Expedition will be arranged by WWE with local suppliers, who may themselves engage the services of local operators and/or sub-contractors. WWE will at all times endeavor to appoint reputable and competent local suppliers. The terms and conditions of the suppliers will be applicable. These may limit or exclude the liability of the supplier. The liability of WWE will not exceed that of any supplier. Local laws and regulations of the relevant country will be relevant in assessing the performance of the services of any supplier. Neither WWE nor any carrier is liable for independent contractors.
SAFETY & TRIP ENJOYMENT
WWE organizes trips in natural areas where the environment can sometimes lead to unpredictable conditions. To avoid possibly dangerous situations, both for Clients and the animals, it is extremely important that all travelers obey any rules and regulations imposed by the WWE Trip Leaders and/or Local Guides and instructions given by them.
WWE reserves the right to prohibit any Client from continuing on a trip with no right of refund if, in our opinion, that Client’s actions pose a threat to the safety of them, others, or to the wildlife, or if that Client’s actions or behaviors are seriously jeopardizing the enjoyment of the trip for others. The decision of the WWE Trip Leader or representative will at all times be final on all matters likely to affect the safety and well-being of the trip. All Clients must, at all times, strictly comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange and drug regulations of all countries visited, and WWE will not accept responsibility or liability for any Client who contravenes any laws or other regulations of any country visited.
HEALTH & FITNESS
Most WWE trips should not be overly strenuous for people who are healthy and reasonably fit. All travelers are expected to carry their own bags, and the itinerary, accommodation, and travel on certain programs (Kilimanjaro, Peru etc.) can be very physically demanding. If you (or anyone on whose behalf you are booking) are affected by any condition, medical or otherwise, that might affect your or other people’s enjoyment of the trip, you must advise us of this at the time of booking. If your health or fitness changes between the time of booking and the trip departure date, you must notify the WWE office of these changes before the trip starts.
In the course of participation in a WWE event, photos or video may be taken by participants or guides. These images may be used in any WWE materials, website, Facebook, etc., unless Clients specifically request to the photographer or in writing to WWE, to not use any material your image is depicted in. Otherwise, permission is granted to WWE to perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable license to use such images for publicity and promotional purposes.
To ensure that tours run smoothly, WWE needs to use personal information (such as name, address, special needs, health conditions, dietary requirements etc.) provided by Clients to WWE, and also pass on such information to other outfitters/guides or suppliers involved in the operation of the trip. WWE will apply appropriate security measures to protect such personal data and will only pass on data that is applicable to outfitters or suppliers responsible for the tour. By completing the WWE Registration Form, Clients consent to this information being transferred as required.
Wild Women Expeditions is not responsible for any improper or non-performance of any services forming part of the Contract which are wholly attributable to the fault of the passenger, the unforeseeable or unavoidable act or omission of a third party unconnected with the provision of any services to be provided under the Contract; unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond the control of WWE and/or the relevant supplier, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised including (but not limited to) an event of force majeure; or any event which WWE and/or the relevant supplier could not even with all due care have foreseen or forestalled.
In the event that WWE is responsible for any death, injury or illness caused by the negligent acts and/or omissions of its suppliers of services which form part of the Contract then WWE limits its liability.
ACCEPTANCE OF RISK
The Client acknowledges that the nature of the tour is adventurous and may involve a significant amount of personal risk. The Client hereby assumes all such risk and does hereby release WWE from all claims and causes of action arising from any damages or injuries or death resulting from these inherent risks. At the time of payment, the Client is required to sign WWE’s RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT. Please read carefully.
In the event that any term or condition contained herein is unenforceable or void by operation of law or as being against public policy or for any other reason than such term or condition shall be deemed to be severed from this Agreement or amended accordingly only to such extent necessary to allow all remaining Terms and Conditions to survive and continue as binding.
SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS
These Terms and Conditions shall inure to the benefit of and be binding upon WWE and the Client and their respective heirs, legal personal representatives, successors and assigns.
The Company, Wild Women Expeditions, exists under, and is pursuant to, the laws of the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
The Contract and these Terms and Conditions are subject to Newfoundland and Labrador, and Canadian Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Newfoundland and Labrador and Canadian Courts.
WAIVER OF BOOKING CONDITIONS
These Booking Terms and Conditions may only be waived or amended by written mutual consent. When a Client completes and submits the Booking Form, they agree to accept all these conditions, and when the booking is accepted, WWE agrees to carry out the obligations as defined therein.
UPDATING OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WWE reserves the right to update and/or alter these terms and conditions at anytime, and it is the Clients responsibility to be familiar with them. The latest terms and conditions may be found on the WWE’s website.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Your Agreement
By using this Site, you agree to be bound by, and to comply with, these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use this site.
3. Linked Sites
This Site may contain links to other independent third-party Web sites (“Linked Sites”). These Linked Sites are provided solely as a convenience to our visitors. Such Linked Sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and does not endorse the content of such Linked Sites, including any information or materials contained on such Linked Sites. You will need to make your own independent judgment regarding your interaction with these Linked Sites.
4. Forward Looking Statements
All materials reproduced on this site speak as of the original date of publication or filing. The fact that a document is available on this site does not mean that the information contained in such document has not been modified or superseded by events or by a subsequent document or filing. We have no duty or policy to update any information or statements contained on this site and, therefore, such information or statements should not be relied upon as being current as of the date you access this site.
5. Disclaimer Of Warranties And Limitation Of Liability
A. This site may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors. We do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the materials or the reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information displayed or distributed through the site. You expressly understand and agree that: (i) your use of the site, including any reliance on any such opinion, advice, statement, memorandum, or information contained herein, shall be at your sole risk; (ii) the site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis; (iii) except as expressly provided herein we disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, workmanlike effort, title and non-infringement; (iv) we make no warranty with respect to the results that may be obtained from this site, the products or services advertised or offered or merchants involved; (v) any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the site is done at your own discretion and risk; and (vi) you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or for any loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
You understand and agree that under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall we be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, any of our sites or materials or functions on any such site, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing limitations shall apply notwithstanding any failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy.
6. Exclusions and limitations
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, our liability in such jurisdiction shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.