Keeping everyone healthy has always been our top priority, especially during this time.
We are monitoring the ever-changing situation with COVID-19 and the potential impact to travel around the world. We commit to keeping you safe and informed so that you can travel at ease. Does the new normal look different? It does, but as we begin planning our return to travel, the safety and wellbeing of our travellers, staff, local hosts and communities will remain our priority and done in a responsible way. We are working closely with our partners around the globe to ensure new standards are implemented to minimize the risk and to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Before travelling, either within your own province, inter-provincially or internationally, we recommend you check your government’s travel advisory and the World Health Organization website for the most up to date information about destinations and permitted travel from each country. All trips will follow local regulations with respect to travel, business practices and physical distancing. In order to help prevent the spread of Covid-19 and limit the risk of infection, we will be implementing pre-trip screening procedures, increased on-trip sanitization and personal hygiene, and maintaining physical distancing guidelines while on a trip whenever possible.
If you are flying interprovincially, there will be screening protocols in place when embarking and disembarking your flights. If you are travelling internationally, there will be protocols and conditions in place at the border when passing through customs and it is your responsibility to be prepared for any conditions put in place by the country you are visiting.
For example, if you are travelling to Iceland, the following protocol has been implemented:
- Passengers fill out a pre-registration form before arrival
- Passenger chooses to undergo testing for COVID-19 upon arrival or else stay in quarantine
- Passengers and crew wear facemasks during international flights
- Arriving passengers and frontline staff wear facemasks at the airport
- Attention to hygiene and basic infection control is required and physical distancing should be respected
- While waiting for test results passengers are asked to stay at their registered residence
- Passengers are encouraged to download and use the app Rakning C-19
If you are travelling closer to home (i.e. you are from Ontario and doing a kayak trip on Georgian Bay or canoeing the French River), you will be asked to complete a pre-trip screening questionnaire pre-trip or upon arrival at the trip rendezvous. This questionnaire will ask if you have experienced any flu-like symptoms, or if you have been in contact with someone known to have COVID-19.
Any staff or participant who has been in close contact with someone known to have COVID-19, or who has experienced any flu-like symptoms within 14 days of the scheduled trip departure, or have returned from outside of Canada in the last 14 days will be required to take a COVID-19 Virus or Antigen test and will be asked to share the results of the test before starting the trip.
PREVENTING THE SPREAD
To ensure everyone’s health and safety while on-trip, participants will be asked to follow sanitization measures at all times including:
- Hand Hygiene, Respiratory Hygiene, Food handling, Handling Personal Equipment, and following instructions from your guide or team leader who have been trained to ensure COVID-19 health and safety protocol are followed properly.
- In addition, all of our ground operators will be providing specific cleaning details for equipment, accommodations, transportation and dining facilities. Hand sanitizer will be provided wherever possible in accommodations, restaurants, and in vehicles.
Wild Women Expeditions will adhere to physical distancing guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 during this time. Examples of physical distancing protocol include:
- Providing solo tents to women who prefer not to share with a roommate (i.e. if they travelling alone and are not with a travelling companion)
- Working closely with accommodation providers to ensure single room upgrades are available to all who prefer this option
- Women sharing rooms will maintain the same roommate throughout the trip
- Reminding all participants to maintain a 2m distance between anyone they are in contact with during the trip
- Assigning every other seat in transportation, if possible
- Masks will be worn whenever 2m physical distancing cannot be maintained and must be worn while inside vehicles with other participants
- Avoiding crowds wherever possible
Guides and staff will remain vigilant and continue to monitor themselves and participants during the trip for any Covid-19 symptoms. They will also be trained in the COVID-19 Response Plan outlined specifically for your trip which includes isolating any ill person/s from the group, contacting local medical authorities and following their advice.
It is highly recommended that your packing list includes face covering(s) (one for every day of the trip), hand sanitizer (70% alcohol-based), thermometer, and biodegradable travel-sized soap. Face coverings can be a facemask, bandana or buff. We will request that any trip guide, staff or participant who develops flu-like symptoms within 14 days post-trip contact us and inform us of their symptoms.
If you’d like to know more about a trip specifically and our extensive COVID trip management plan for that destination please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an existing client, your trip package will detail the COVID safety plan according to the destination.