These Terms shall constitute the entire agreement between the Wild Women Expeditions (also referred to as WWE) and the Client relating to the subject matter herein, and shall constitute a binding agreement. There is no verbal or written; representation, warranty, prior agreement, or description of services, other than as expressed herein.
The contract and booking is made with, and services will be provided by Wild Women Expeditions. By booking a trip, you agree to these Terms and Conditions that govern the relationship, the cancellation policy and limitations of liability. These Terms and Conditions affect your rights and designate the governing law and forum for the resolution of any and all disputes.
A booking is accepted and becomes definite only from the date when Wild Women Expeditions sends a written confirmation of acceptance of trip registration, after receipt of the applicable deposit amount. It is at this point that a contract between Wild Women Expeditions and the Client comes into existence.
Wild Women Expeditions reserves the right to decline any booking at their discretion. The person or persons named on the booking are hereafter referred to as the “Client”.
- AGE REQUIREMENTS
- BOOKING ON BEHALF OF OTHERS
- BOOKING CONFIRMATION
- RISK-FREE GUARANTEE
- MEDICAL CONDITIONS & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- ACCEPTANCE OF BOOKING & FINAL PAYMENTS
- CANCELLATION OF A TOUR BY THE CLIENT
- CANCELLATION OF A TOUR BY WILD WOMEN EXPEDITIONS
- TRAVEL & HEALTH INSURANCE
- EVACUATION PROCEDURES AND COSTS
- TRAVEL DOCUMENTS
- CLAIMS AND COMPLAINTS
- CLIENT RESPONSIBILITY
- SUPPLIERS AND INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS
- SAFETY & TRIP ENJOYMENT
- ALCOHOL AND DRUGS
- HEALTH & FITNESS
- PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEO
- DATA PROTECTION
- ACCEPTANCE OF RISK
- SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS
- APPLICABLE LAW
- WAIVER OF BOOKING CONDITIONS
- UPDATING OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Anyone under the age of 18 on the date of first travel is considered to be a minor. Minors must always be accompanied by an adult. One adult may accompany up to two minors. Unless otherwise indicated in the Tour description or by WWE, the minimum age for minors traveling on any Tour is 7 years old, on select “Women and Girls” programs. For minors accompanied by adults, the minimum age accepted on regular trips is 16 years of age.
All bookings with a minor are subject to review and approval by WWE. If the consent of a parent, guardian or any other person is required by applicable law for any minor to travel, the accompanying adult is responsible for securing all consents, documentation and ensuring that they and the minor(s) meet all legal requirements to travel, to enter into and depart from applicable countries and regions. WWE will not be responsible for any fees, damages, or losses incurred as a result of any failure to secure necessary consents, permits, and approvals.
Each adult on a booking with a minor or minor(s) is jointly and severally responsible for the behavior, wellbeing, supervision, and monitoring of such minor(s), and jointly and severally accepts these Terms for and on behalf of any minor(s) on their booking, including all assumptions of risk and limitations of liability. WWE does not provide care services for minors and expressly disclaims any responsibility for chaperoning or controlling any minor(s).
By booking on behalf of other participants, you are deemed to be the designated contact person for every participant included on that booking. This means that you are responsible for making all payments due in connection with your Tour booking, notifying the Tour Operator or your travel agent if any changes or cancellations are required and keeping your party informed.
By booking on behalf of another person or persons, you represent and warrant that you have obtained all required consents. You are responsible for verifying that any information you provide on behalf of another participant is complete and accurate and the Tour Operator will under no circumstances be liable for any errors or omissions in the information provided to complete a booking.
All trip bookings require deposits;
- For all advertised itineraries and dates, a non-refundable deposit per person plus submission of our online registration form is required to complete your booking. See Risk Free Guarantee below.
- Deposits made on all Inca Trail Treks are non-refundable and non-creditable after December 1 the year before the trip due to the requirement to purchase non-refundable and non-transferable Inca Trail Permits on your behalf to secure your spot on the trip.
- Deposits become credits if you cancel your spot (except on Peru – see above) after 7 days from the booking date until 91 days before the trip. See below for credit details.
- Deposits made within 90 days of the trip departure date are non-refundable, not subject to the Risk-Free Guarantee nor can they become credit.
- Deposits are payable online on the trip page or by calling 1-888-WWE-1222 (within North America) to pay by credit card or to arrange payment by cheque or email money transfer or Paypal.
- We accept VISA and Mastercard only for trips outside of Canada. Booking trips within Canada can accept American Express, Visa or Mastercard.
- We accept VISA and Mastercard only for trips outside of Canada. Booking trips within Canada can accept American Express, Visa or Mastercard.
- International trip prices are quoted and payable in USD.
- Canadian trip prices are quoted and payable in CAD and are subject to applicable taxes. Visitors to Canada may be eligible for a refund of some of the taxes paid for a WWE trip. To get the refund application form try <http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/gf/gst115/README.html> or contact our office.
- WWE is not responsible for any fees incurred due to currency exchange or fees charged by your credit card/bank for processing funds in either currency.
WWE’s Client Care Specialist will contact you within 48 hours, regarding your completed registration to confirm your participation in your selected trip and will email a Trip Information Package. At this point, you may book your flights and other travel arrangements as the trip is considered to be confirmed to run.
Each trip page advertises our “Risk-Free Guarantee” which means your deposit is fully refundable for the 7 days immediately following your deposit payment. As of the 8th-day post deposit payment, your deposit is no longer refundable but can become credit. See below for credit details.
The “Risk-Free Guarantee” does not apply to deposits paid within 90 days of the trip departure date.
MEDICAL CONDITIONS & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
The Client must notify WWE in writing during the process of booking (on your registration form) of any medical conditions, pregnancy, disability or any other mental and or physical condition which may affect fitness to travel and/or any medical condition.
Failure to notify WWE may result in the Client being refused participation on the trip. Failure to notify WWE of any such condition that results in cancellation will have full cancellation fees charged to the Client.
Some trips may be unsuitable for Clients due to age, mobility, disability, pregnancy or physical or mental conditions. It is the Client’s responsibility to check prior to booking.
WWE may refuse to carry pregnant women over 24 weeks or Clients with certain conditions. WWE is not required to provide any special facilities unless it has agreed to do so in writing. WWE will do its best to meet Clients special requests including dietary, but such requests do not form part of the Contract and therefore WWE is not liable for not providing these requests. Medical facilities vary from country to country and WWE makes no representations and gives no warranties in relation to the standard of such treatment.
ACCEPTANCE OF BOOKING & FINAL PAYMENTS
Acceptance of Booking
WWE will confirm acceptance of the Client’s booking in writing, via email. Please ensure email@example.com is on your contact list so our emails don’t go to your junk folder!
- For all regularly scheduled WWE trips, the payment of the final balance of the tour price is due 90 days prior to the trip start date in the currency advertised.
- The final balance payment will be charged directly to the credit card we have on file at 90 days before your trip departure date.
- If a booking is made within 90-61 days of departure, then the final balance is payable within 7 days of the deposit payment date.
- If a booking is made within 60 days of the trip departure, the final balance is payable within 48 hours of the deposit payment date.
- If the final balance is not received by the due date, then rates and tour space cannot be guaranteed and WWE may notify the Client of the trip cancellation. If the final balance is not paid by 30 days before departure, WWE reserves the right to treat the Client’s booking as automatically canceled. Deposit will be forfeited.
CANCELLATION OF A TOUR BY THE CLIENT
Any cancellation by a Client must be made in writing (via email) and be acknowledged by WWE in writing (via email).
- If you cancel within the Risk-Free Guarantee timeframe (see above for details), your deposit will be fully refunded.
- If you cancel after 7 days from the deposit payment date until 91 days before the trip, your deposit becomes a credit. See below for credit details.
- If you cancel within 90-61 days prior to the trip start date, we will refund you 50% of the final balance. No refund or credit available for the other 50% or for the deposit.
- If you cancel within 60 days of the trip, you forfeit both the final balance and deposit. No refund or credit available.
- Credits are valid for the year of the original trip and the next calendar year.
- All credits expire Dec 31 in the year following the originally booked trip date. Example: You book a trip on April 1, 2018, that’s happening in September 2018 but then have to cancel a month after the booking is made. Your credit expires Dec 31, 2019.
- Credit may be transferred to another woman. **You may find another woman to take your spot. She pays you directly for the deposit and assumes responsibility for any outstanding balance payments. The replacement participant must meet trip Registration requirements and be approved to join the trip by WWE.
- Credits may be used as a deposit when booking a new trip or applied towards the final balance at 90 days in advance of the trip start date. Credit may only be transferred once. If the credit is applied to another booking which is again canceled by the Client, the credit is forfeited.
- A credit must be applied to a new Tour booking that is of equal or greater value to the canceled Tour for which the Deposit was originally received. If the tour deposit is lower, the balance of the credit will be applied to the final balance. If the new tour deposit is a higher amount, the difference will be owing before the trip booking is confirmed.
- Credits may be converted to another currency (CAD-USD or USD to CAD) at the exchange rate valid on date of final balance payment when processed.
CANCELLATION OF A TOUR BY WILD WOMEN EXPEDITIONS
WWE reserves the right to cancel any trip for any reason, but will not cancel a tour less than 90 days before departure except for Force Majeure, unusual or unforeseen circumstances outside the WWE’s control. When a tour is canceled by WWE before the agreed date of departure for any reason other than the fault of the Client, the Client can either:
- Take a substitute tour of equivalent or superior quality if WWE is able and willing to offer such a substitute and pay any difference in price between the price of the tour originally purchased and that of the superior substitute tour; or
- Take a substitute tour of lower quality if WWE is able and willing to offer one and to recover from WWE the difference in price between the price of the tour originally purchased and that of the substitute tour; or
- Have a full refund of all monies paid under the contract as soon as possible.
WWE is not responsible for any incidental expenses or consequential losses that the Client may have incurred as a result of the booking such as visas, vaccinations, non-refundable flights or rail, non-refundable car parking or other fees, loss of earnings, or loss of enjoyment, etc.
If the Client is offered a refund but requests an alternative tour of a higher value than that originally booked, then the Client must pay the difference in price. Where after departure a significant element of the trip contracted for cannot be provided, WWE will make suitable alternative arrangements for the continuation of the trip. If it is not possible to provide a suitable alternative or the Client reasonably rejects any suitable alternatives, WWE will provide the Client a refund of unused tour portions. Significant alterations do not include the substitution of a vessel, modification of itineraries, change in cabin category or hotel accommodation.
- All WWE trips do not include domestic or international airfare.
- We recommend you contact Megan Vonhone at Flight Centre firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance with travel arrangements.
- WWE strongly recommends you secure cancellation insurance before booking airfare or making any non-refundable travel arrangements.
TRAVEL & HEALTH INSURANCE
It is mandatory that all Clients obtain travel medical insurance with a minimum medical coverage of CAN$200,000 while traveling with WWE. This insurance must cover personal injury and emergency medical expenses including, but not limited to, helicopter evacuation, air ambulance, and repatriation. Clients must provide proof of Insurance on their Travel Details Form during the trip preparation process or they will be declined participation on their adventure.
It is strongly recommended the coverage be extended to include cancellation, curtailment, and all other expenses that might arise as a result of loss, damage, injury, delay or inconvenience occurring to the Client during travel. WWE shall have no liability for loss, theft of or damage to baggage or personal effects. Personal belongings lost or stolen while unattended by the client in public lounges or other public areas, whether on board a vessel, train, bus, or other modes of transportation, publicly owned or operated by WWE or elsewhere, are not reimbursable. Losses due to ordinary wear and tear and other acts of God are not reimbursable. WWE cannot accept responsibility for and in no event shall be liable for loss or damage of valuables or other articles left in or on facilities used by WWE such as hotels, homestays, vessels, expedition vehicles, or any other mode of transportation.
The Client acknowledges that the cost of WWE trips do not include insurance and that the Client is required to obtain separate coverage at an additional cost. When obtaining travel insurance the Client must ensure the insurer is aware of the type of travel to be undertaken.
EVACUATION PROCEDURES AND COSTS
Wild Women Expedition’s Trip Leader, local guides or other representatives decisions will at all times be final on all matters likely to affect the safety and well-being of the trip. We reserve the right to prohibit any traveler from continuing on a trip with no right of refund if, in our opinion, that traveler’s actions pose a threat to the safety of others, to the wildlife, or themselves.
- Valid Passport: The Client must be in possession of a valid passport required for entry, departure, and travel to the tour destination, (passport must be valid 6 months past the return date), all visas, permits, and certificates including vaccination certificates, insurance policies, etc. are required for the whole of the journey. The Client accepts full responsibility for obtaining all such documents, visas, and permits prior to the start of the tour, and is solely responsible for any adverse consequences resulting from missing or defective documentation. Any information or advice given by WWE regarding visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment, etc. is purely advisory, provided as a courtesy to the Client, and WWE is not responsible for any errors or omissions as to the information provided by third parties such as the appropriate governmental authorities.
- Trip Details: To expedite the obtaining of travel documents and flight bookings please note that all international trip-related documents such as Trip Information Packages will be sent via email upon confirmation of registration approval.
CLAIMS AND COMPLAINTS
If a Client has a complaint against WWE, the Client must first inform the trip leader or guide at the earliest opportunity to allow the grievance to be rectified.
If satisfaction is not reached, contact the WWE Director whilst on tour in order that WWE is provided the opportunity to rectify the matter.
Failure to indicate dissatisfaction whilst on tour will result in the Client’s ability to claim compensation from WWE being extinguished or at least reduced.
The Client acknowledges he or she will be visiting places where the political, cultural and geographical attributes present certain risks, dangers and physical challenges greater than those present in her daily life.
By booking travel with WWE, the Client acknowledges she has considered the potential risks, dangers and challenges, and expressly assumes the risks attendant to such travel conditions.
The Client is solely responsible for acquainting themselves with customs, weather conditions, physical challenges, and laws in effect at each stop along the itinerary, and is encouraged to locate or make contact prior to embarkation with her local embassy or consulate at the trip destination.
SUPPLIERS AND INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS
Hotels, shuttle services, excursions or other elements of a Wild Women Expedition will be arranged by WWE with local suppliers, who may themselves engage the services of local operators and/or sub-contractors. WWE will at all times endeavor to appoint reputable and competent local suppliers. The terms and conditions of the suppliers will be applicable. These may limit or exclude the liability of the supplier. The liability of WWE will not exceed that of any supplier. Local laws and regulations of the relevant country will be relevant in assessing the performance of the services of any supplier. Neither WWE nor any carrier is liable for independent contractors.
SAFETY & TRIP ENJOYMENT
WWE organizes trips in natural areas where the environment can sometimes lead to unpredictable conditions. To avoid possibly dangerous situations, both for Clients and the animals, it is extremely important that all travelers obey any rules and regulations imposed by the WWE Trip Leaders and/or Local Guides and instructions given by them.
WWE reserves the right to prohibit any Client from continuing on a trip with no right of refund if, in our opinion, that Client’s actions pose a threat to the safety of them, others, or to the wildlife, or if that Client’s actions or behaviors are seriously jeopardizing the enjoyment of the trip for others. The decision of the WWE Trip Leader or representative will at all times be final on all matters likely to affect the safety and well-being of the trip.
All Clients must, at all times, strictly comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange and drug regulations of all countries visited, and WWE will not accept responsibility or liability for any Client who contravenes any laws or other regulations of any country visited.
ALCOHOL AND DRUGS
We are committed to putting your safety and well-being first on all of our trips. WWE wants to create a space together where all women in the group feel safe and empowered physically, spiritually, and emotionally, and we strongly feel that alcohol is not needed to create a fun, social atmosphere. We also recognize that some people have issues with alcohol consumption, who may have been affected by alcohol abuse, and we want to honor their option to be in an alcohol-free space.
Each WWE trip has a different tolerance for alcohol consumption and in some trip scenarios, responsible use of alcohol is permitted. This tolerance is based on many factors such as location, accommodation types, local outfitter policies, activities etc. Alcohol is tolerated on WWE trips only when we stay at fixed-roof accommodations or dine out in local restaurants or visit licensed establishments.
WWE does not tolerate any trip participant to be under the influence of alcohol while participating in the outdoor activity portion of the trip. If your guide thinks that you are not in the appropriate condition to undertake the activity, for any reason, she has the right to decline your participation or may suggest a modified approach. The use of illegal substances/drugs are not permitted and any use of these will result in being evicted from the trip at your own expense.
HEALTH & FITNESS
Most WWE trips should not be overly strenuous for people who are healthy and reasonably fit. All travelers are expected to carry their own bags (with the exception of limited porterage o select trips such as Inca Trail, Kilimanjaro, and Everest Base Camp treks), and the itinerary, accommodation, and travel on certain programs can be very physically demanding.
If you (or anyone on whose behalf you are booking) are affected by any condition, medical or otherwise, that might affect your or other people’s enjoyment of the trip, you must advise us of this at the time of booking. If your health or fitness changes between the time of booking and the trip departure date, you must notify the WWE office of these changes before the trip starts.
PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEO
In the course of participation in a WWE event, photos or video may be taken by participants or guides. These images may be used in any WWE materials, website, on social, ( Ie.Facebook, etc.,) unless Clients specifically request to the photographer/videographer or in writing to WWE, to not use any material your image is depicted in. Otherwise, permission is granted to WWE to perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable license to use such images for publicity and promotional purposes.
To ensure that tours run smoothly, WWE needs to use personal information (such as name, address, special needs, health conditions, dietary requirements etc.) provided by Clients to WWE, and also pass on such information to other outfitters/guides or suppliers involved in the operation of the trip. WWE will apply appropriate security measures to protect such personal data and will only pass on data that is applicable to outfitters or suppliers responsible for the tour. By completing the WWE Registration Form, Clients consent to this information being transferred as required.
Wild Women Expeditions is not responsible for any improper or non-performance of any services forming part of the Contract which is wholly attributable to the fault of the passenger, the unforeseeable or unavoidable act or omission of a third party unconnected with the provision of any services to be provided under the Contract; unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond the control of WWE and/or the relevant supplier, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised including (but not limited to) an event of force majeure; or any event which WWE and/or the relevant supplier could not even with all due care have foreseen or forestalled.
In the event that WWE is responsible for any death, injury or illness caused by the negligent acts and/or omissions of its suppliers of services which form part of the Contract then WWE limits its liability.
ACCEPTANCE OF RISK
The Client acknowledges that the nature of the tour is adventurous and may involve a significant amount of personal risk. The Client hereby assumes all such risk and does hereby release WWE from all claims and causes of action arising from any damages or injuries or death resulting from these inherent risks.
In the event that any term or condition contained herein is unenforceable or void by operation of law or as being against public policy or for any other reason than such term or condition shall be deemed to be severed from this Agreement or amended accordingly only to such extent necessary to allow all remaining Terms and Conditions to survive and continue as binding.
SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS
These Terms and Conditions shall inure to the benefit of and be binding upon WWE and the Client and their respective heirs, legal personal representatives, successors and assigns.
WAIVER OF BOOKING CONDITIONS
These Booking Terms and Conditions may only be waived or amended by written mutual consent. When a Client completes and submits the Booking Form, they agree to accept all these conditions, and when the booking is accepted, WWE agrees to carry out the obligations as defined therein.
UPDATING OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WWE reserves the right to update and/or alter these terms and conditions at any time, and it is the Clients responsibility to be familiar with them. The latest terms and conditions may be found on the WWE’s website.